Camera Lucida

A place to explore and shed light on how art, culture and society converge

June 10, 2006

Blogging Wish List


Is that why we blog?

The Evangelical Outpost describes our (or rather his) inner conflicts regarding blogging. He says:

- We hope for. . . community. But we often reward ... individuality
- We hope for. . . eternal perspective. But we often reward ... focus on the trivial and ephermeral
- We hope for. . . depth and breadth of interest. But we often reward ... shallowness - and narrowness of concern
- We hope for. . . wisdom. But we often reward ... foolishness
- We hope for. . . unity. But we often reward ... division
- We hope for. . . faith, hope, and love. But we often reward ... doubt, pessimism, and uncharitableness

I honestly made a concerted effort to avoid all the traps the Evangelical Outpost says we eventually fall into. See for yourselves!

I think blogging is serious. It is not really an online diary (at least not in the expected sense). For me, it has been a way to articulate many ideas, concerns and events that have affected me either negatively or positively.

I really do try to follow my blog heading: "A place to explore and shed light on how art, culture and society converge".

I think there are serious things going on in the world. By writing about them I try to find the missing (or insightful) links.